Potential Drought Conditions has Xenia Rural Water District Recommending Customers Use Water Wisely
June 09, 2021
Because of possible continued drought conditions and above-average demand in May, Xenia Rural Water District is proactively asking customers to begin practicing wise water usage. This includes:
- Relying on rain when possible to water lawns and outdoor vegetation
- Turning off water while you brush your teeth, shave or wash dishes; ensuring the dishwasher is full before running; setting your washing machine to the appropriate load size; and replacing your shower head with a low-flow fixture
- Ensuring outdoor garden hoses and spigots do not have leaks, and water is not left running when not in immediate use
- If you decide to irrigate your lawn, ensure your irrigation system is operating efficiently
- Not irrigating your lawn on Mondays
- Not irrigating during the hottest part of the day between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Even numbered addresses (Ex: 120 Main Street) should water on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Odd numbered addresses (Ex: 123 Main Street) should water on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Cities and counties across the United States are experiencing severe drought and asking customers to practice wise water use.